This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
There’s no doubt about it, our dogs have gotten years of enjoyment out of Kong toys.
We currently own 16 Kongs!
Why? Because at one time we had 3 dogs, and we made a habit of giving them stuffed Kongs in their crates any time we left them home alone. Plus, we store our Kongs in the freezer after stuffing them, so the more Kongs the better!
In return, we have gotten a lot of peace (and quiet) and happy content dogs — thanks to Kong dog toys.
Why so many Kongs? Having Kongs prepared makes it easy to toss them to your dog whenever necessary. Give your dog a couple of Kongs in the morning; one after he’s gone outside to relieve himself and one a few minutes before you leave. This keeps his focus on the Kong and not on your leaving helping to ease any anxiety surrounding your departure. –I Love Dogs
Our Best Articles About Kong Toys, Chews & Accessories
- Why Kong Toys Are The Best Toys For Dogs
- FREE Kong Newsletters
- Best Indestructible Dog Toys For Aggressive Chewers
- Crate Training Dogs: Here’s How We Did It Using Kongs
- Where To Find The Lowest Priced Dog Kong Toys Online
- DIY Kong Treats & Healthy Recipes For Your Dog’s Kong Toy
- FREE Kong Puppy Ziggies
- Buster Cube vs Kong Toy
- Reasons To Use Different Treats Each Time You Stuff Your Dog’s Kong Toy
- Stuff This In A Kong!
- How To Stuff A Kong Toy
- Kongs Helped Us Survive The Ups & Downs Of Kennel Training
- A Review: Kong Puppy Ziggies Dog Chews
- How To Make Kongs More Challenging For Your Dog
- Dog Recipes That Work Great In Kong Toys
- How To Clean Kong Toys For Dogs
- The Secrets Of Stuffing A Dog Kong: Use Sticky Gooey Substances!
- New Kong Squeaker Toy
- Bil-Jac Frozen Dog Food Works Great In Kongs
- The Kong Company & Pet Food Recalls
- FREE Kong Stuff It T-Shirt
- A Comparison Of All The Different TYPES Of Kong Toys
In case you’re wondering… the folks at the Kong Company don’t have a clue who I am. We’ve paid full price for each of the 16 Kong toys we own. And no one has ever asked me to post anything about Kongs.
For what it’s worth, we even submitted photos of our dogs enjoying their Kong toys in a couple of the “Official Kong Photo Contests,” but we’ve never won.
Can’t help it… we just love Kongs!
If you like dog Kong toys as much as I (and my dogs) do, then this behind-the-scenes tour of the Kong factory will make your day.
I like to help Dog Parents find unique ways to do things that will save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” Dog Tips and Dog Hacks that most wouldn’t think of. I’m a lifelong dog owner — currently have 2 mixed breed Golden Aussies that we found abandoned on the side of the road as puppies. I’ve always trained my own dogs and help friends train theirs, as well. Professionally, I worked at a vet and have several friends who are veterinarians — whom I consult with regularly. (And just because I love animals so much, I also worked at a Zoo for awhile!) I’ve been sharing my best ideas with others by blogging full-time since 1998 (the same year that Google started… and before the days of Facebook and YouTube). My daily motivation is to help first-time dog owners be better prepared from the first day your new puppy enters your home. I like to help dog owners understand what’s ‘normal’ and what you can expect in terms of living with and training your dog — how to get through the ups & downs of potty training, chewing, teaching commands, getting your dog to listen, and everything else that takes place during that hectic first year! When I’m not training, walking, grooming, or making homemade treats for my dogs, you will find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites). To date, I’ve written over 600 articles for dog owners on this site! Many of them have upwards of 200K shares.