DIY Frozen Kong Treats For Dogs
Here’s how to stuff Kong toys with dog-friendly treats, freeze ’em, and give ’em to your dog on a hot summer day:
- Stuff your dog’s Kong toy with whatever treats your dog likes, and put some peanut butter (or yogurt, or anything else that’s sticky, gooey, or runny) inside as well.
- Then, put the Kong in the freezer.
- Once the stuff inside the Kong is frozen, give it to your dog as a nice cool treat during the hot summer months.
Tips For Serving Frozen Dog Kongs
1. The longer you keep the Kong in the freezer — stuffed with goodies — the more challenging it will be for your dog to get the treats out. Use that to determine how long you want to keep the Kong in the freezer.
2. A frozen Kong toy filled with treats can sometimes become a little messy as it thaws out. (It depends on exactly what you put inside and how those things liquefy at room temperature… or hotter, if outdoors.)
3. Make sure that your dog has a place to enjoy his frozen (and now thawing!) Kong treat somewhere that is easy to clean — like outside, on the deck or patio.
Other Homemade Frozen Dog Treat Recipe Ideas
- Frozen Veggies Make Simple Dog Treats!
- Homemade Frosty Paws Dog Treat Recipe
- 5 Frosty Dog Recipes For Homemade Summer Treats
- Frozen Treats For Filling Dog Kong Toys (scroll to bottom)
- Tips, Techniques & Foods You Can Freeze For Dogs
- 4 Dog Ice Cream Recipes
- Homemade Frozen Dog Treats
- Apples & Chicken Broth Frozen Dog Treat
- Peanut Butter Pupsicles: Frozen Gourmet Dog Treats
- Homemade Frozen Organic Dog Treats Recipe
- Frozen Yogurt Dog Treat Recipe (highlight the text to make it easier to read)
Unique Food Molds For Making Frozen Dog Treats In Fun Shapes
Kool Dogz Ice Treat Maker – Highly rated. Add your dog’s favorite toys and treats to make a frozen treat toy that your dog will enjoy for hours. It’s easy enough to make a Cool Dog frozen treat surprise for your dog like this yourself. Just put a few treats & toys inside a bucket (or plastic bowl filled water or chicken/beef broth) and freeze! You don’t really need the raised platform.
Bone-Shaped Frozen Dog Treat Trays – Make your own frozen bone-shaped healthy dog treats by combining the dog-friendly ingredients that your dog likes best, and them freezing them in these trays. This is just one example of the many bone-shaped trays that are available:
Ice Pop Molds – These silicone frozen molds have no sticks. Use them to freeze dog-friendly goodies in individual snack-sized portions for your dog. These fun ice pop shapes can be used make homemade frozen treats for your dog… or your kids! Here is just one example:
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).