Some articles on this site contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
If you’re like most pet owners, sometimes you want to liven up your dog’s meals a bit. After all, variety is the spice of life, right?
Fortunately, there are lots of human foods that you can safely feed your dog — in addition to his normal dog food.
Unfortunately, many of those human foods aren’t technically considered healthy food for dogs.
Here is our ultimate list of human foods that are safe for dogs. (It also includes a list of human foods that are not safe for your dog!)
For the healthiest human foods that are safe for dogs to eat, check out these lists:
- 10 Ways To Liven Up Your Dog’s Meals + 10 MORE Ways (Don’t miss the “pup prep” tips)
- Table Foods That Dogs Can Eat (Similar ideas here)
- 10 People Foods For Dogs That Are Healthy (All in moderation though)
- The Healthiest Human Foods That Dogs Can Eat (Salmon, tuna, and seaweed… oh yeah!)
- 9 Healthy Foods For Dogs (Bone broth and organ meats make a lot of sense for dogs)
So, if you’re looking for healthy food for dogs, the human foods listed above will definitely be great additions to your dog’s own regular food.
Personally, these are my dog’s favorites from the ones that were mentioned:
- Carrots – my dogs like to munch on raw carrots as a snack… and there’s no mess!
- Pumpkin – freshly mashed or from a can, but not pumpkin pie filling.
- Leafy Greens – yep, dogs need their greens too!
Which healthy human foods are your dog’s favorites?…
In this video, Martha Stewart and veterinarian Dr. Marty Goldstein talk about some of the human foods that can benefit your dog’s health:
I have 2 Miniature Pinschers. My husband and I consider them our 4-legged kids.