Want to do something — even if it’s small — to help abandoned animals and pet care facilities in your area?
See what’s on your local animal care center’s Wish List this holiday season…
By donating a few items to your local animal shelter (or your favorite veterinarian’s office), you’ll be making a huge difference. And you’ll feel GREAT about doing it.
The best part: No one will judge you for the type, quantity, or value of items that you choose to drop off at the animal shelter.
Most animal care facilities are in need of so many basic necessities just to keep the place running, that they would be thrilled to receive just about anything that’s dog or cat related!
Wondering what’s on the animal shelter wish list this holiday season?
Actually, it doesn’t even have to be holiday time…
These are some of the items that my local animal shelter (and most other animal care centers) appreciate year-round.
TIP: If you order items online — like from Amazon — you can have them shipped directly to the animal care facility!
Donations For Dogs & Cats:
- Dog food and cat food – unopened bags & cans
- Dog crates – all sizes
- Cat carriers
- Dog beds/pillows (new or gently used)
- Cat litter (some use more than 300 lbs each week!)
- Stuffed dog toys (washable rubber or plastic ones are best)
- Chew toys for dogs (Kongs are ideal)
- Blankets, towels, comforters (new or gently used)
- Sheets & towels – all sizes
- Bowls – all sizes (plastic or metal)
- Toilet seat covers (cats love to rest on them!)
- Large jars of peanut butter
- Large chew bones (my dog tires of them after a few weeks, but they’re “like new” to other dogs!)
- Used leashes & dog collars
- Dog shampoo
- Tennis balls
Donations For The Facility:
- Laundry detergent
- Dishwashing detergent
- Paper towels
- Bleach, bleach, and more bleach (some use up to 10 gallons a week!)
- Clorox and Windex wipes (I’m sure just about any brand of wet wipes would work)
- Brooms (bleachable)
- Metal dustpans
- Postage stamps
- AA and AAA batteries
- Large garbage bags
- Ink pens & sticky-note pads
- A working washer/dryer (used is fine… if you get a new one)
- A variety of health care & medical products
- Latex disposable gloves (size large)
- Gift certificates to feed stores, pet stores, pet grooming, or office supply stores
And don’t forget…
See What Other Animal Shelters Have On Their Wishlist
- No-Kill Shelter Wish List
- Animal Shelter Wish List Donations Sought
- Service Dogs Wish List Donations
- Humane Society Wish List For Pets
- Non-Profit Animal Care & Control Center Wish List
- Wishlist From A Grassroots Group Of Volunteers’ Helping Animals
- Animal Humane Society’s Wish List
I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).