With Halloween right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about a Halloween costume for your dog!
Following are “the best of the best” Halloween costumes for dogs.
Even if you decide not to get dressed up yourself for Halloween, chances are you might find it fun to dress up your four-legged friend this year.
Check out the best Halloween costumes of all time…
1. Superman Dog Costume …It’s SuperDog!
2. Scooby-Doo Dog Costume …What would Scooby Do?
3. Skunk Dog Costume …What a little stinker!
4. Little Princess Dog Costume …Prissy, prissy little puppy
5. Batman Dog Costume …Batman returns (and Robin too!)
6. Harem Princess Dog Costume …She’s treated like royalty
7. Wonder Woman Dog Costume …She’s a wonder-dog alright!
8. Hippie Dog Costume …Do the hippie hippie shake
9. Prisoner Dog Costume …For the escape artist — bad dog!
10. Tiki Dog Costume …Love that hula skirt — swing it!
Lots More Fun Dog Costumes
You’ll find everything under the sun for your dog to wear for Halloween, a puppy party, or any other special occasion here: Casual Canine Dog Costumes
Dog Costumes For Adults & Kids
Now that you’ve found the perfect costume for your dog, it’s time to find a dog costume for Mom, Dad & the kids.
Here are some one-of-a-kind dog costumes that dog lovers will appreciate…
How To Make Your Own Cute Puppy Costume
Here’s how to make a puppy dog costume yourself (which would be great as part of this dog walking costume) using clothing and items you probably already have…
- Start with a brown hooded sweatshirt, brown pants and 4 pairs of beige socks. (Or, you could substitute black clothes with gold socks, brown clothes with white socks.)
- Pin a sock on either side of the hood for floppy ears.
- Roll one sock up and stuff it into another to make a tail — then pin it on the back of the sweatshirt.
- Cover hands and feet with socks.
…it’s as simple as that!
More fun Halloween costume ideas for dogs and their owners here.
Check out this video tutorial to see how to make a really cute puppy dog face with makeup:
I like to help Dog Parents find unique ways to do things that will save time & money — so I write about "outside the box" Dog Tips and Dog Hacks that most wouldn't think of. I’m a lifelong dog owner — currently have 2 mixed breed Golden Aussies that we found abandoned on the side of the road as puppies. I've always trained my own dogs and help friends train theirs, as well. Professionally, I worked at a vet and have several friends who are veterinarians — whom I consult with regularly. (And just because I love animals so much, I also worked at a Zoo for awhile!) I've been sharing my best ideas with others by blogging full-time since 1998 (the same year that Google started… and before the days of Facebook and YouTube). My daily motivation is to help first-time dog owners be better prepared from the first day your new puppy enters your home. I like to help dog owners understand what's 'normal' and what you can expect in terms of living with and training your dog — how to get through the ups & downs of potty training, chewing, teaching commands, getting your dog to listen, and everything else that takes place during that hectic first year! When I'm not training, walking, grooming, or making homemade treats for my dogs, you will find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites). To date, I've written over 500 articles for dog owners on this site!