A classic about dogs and people from the archives…
All I Really Need To Know I Learned From My Dog
- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride.
- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
- Take naps and stretch before rising.
- Run, romp, and play daily.
- Be loyal.
- Never pretend to be something you’re not.
- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm.
- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.
- Thrive on affection and let people touch you — enjoy back rubs and pats on your neck.
- When you leave your yard, make it an adventure.
- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
- No matter how often you’re scolded, don’t buy into the guilt thing and pout – run right back and make friends.
- Bond with your pack.
- On cold nights, curl up in front of a crackling fire.
- When you’re excited, speak up.
- When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.