This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Are you thinking of getting a new puppy?
Not exactly sure how to prepare for the new puppy?
Or maybe you’re unsure what to do now that your new puppy is already home?
Well, there some items that will be helpful in getting your dog accustomed to his new home.
- Crate – for housebreaking and for puppy to sleep in at night
- Puppy Pen – used outside to get your puppy used to going potty outside
- Leash & Collar – so you have a way to keep tabs on your dog at all times
- Baby Gate – to section off parts of your house where you don’t want puppy to go
- Dog Toys – so your dog can burn off some energy and have something to play with
- Food & Bowls – for your dog’s basic needs
Right after you bring home your new puppy, you will want to make sure he is comfortable, confident and that he is accepting of his new home. Not all dogs are at first. So, you may have to spend some extra time comforting him and assuring him that this is a good place to be.
To assist with that, make sure that your home is quiet and move calmly around him rather than quick, sudden movements.
Eventually, you will want to put your puppy in a in a high traffic area to help him get familiar with all of your household’s regular activities. A great room to try this in is the kitchen. Just make sure you have removed small objects, wires and low magnets from your refrigerator.
This video shows how to prepare for your new puppy:
Remember, before you bring home your new puppy that you take the time to puppy proof your house.
I have 2 Miniature Pinschers. My husband and I consider them our 4-legged kids.