Maybe you’ve noticed some hair loss on your dog, in addition to the scratching.
Dogs itch for many different reasons, but the most common diagnosis is usually allergies.
Here are the top 10 signs that your dog has allergies.
Would you believe me if I told you that all cases of dog itching and scratching can be blamed on 1 of these 2 underlying things:
- Your dog’s environment; or
- Your dog’s food.
Looking deeper, there are a number of things in your dog’s environment or your dog’s food that could be causing them to scratch a lot.
These are the top 10 reasons dogs itch and scratch:
- Flea allergies
- Food allergies
- Environmental allergies
- Fungal allergies
- Skin ailments
- Bacterial infections
- Yeast infections
- Mange (scabies)
- Ear mites
- Ticks or lice
How To Treat Your Dog’s Itching & Scratching
- The Best Dog Dry Skin Home Remedies
- 4 Common Dog Allergies & How To Treat Them
- Why Some Dogs Lick Or Scratch Themselves To The Point Of Harm
- 4 Ways To Soothe A Scratching Dog