This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
That’s right, more and more people are taking their dogs trick-or-treating with them.
So, why not have a separate bowl of dog biscuits at the door next to the bowl of candy for the children?
It’s a fun way to do something special for the dogs that visit your home this Halloween.
Following are some tips for coming up with fun Halloween dog treats this year…
How To Make Halloween Dog Treats
Sure, offering store-bought dog treats is a nice touch.
But why not do something extra special by making some homemade Halloween dog biscuits instead?
Your house will definitely be the talk of the neighborhood if you give those out to all of your four-legged visitors!
Here are the 10 homemade dog treat recipes that you can modify to make your own Halloween dog treats.
Above photo: They look so tasty, but smell so stinky. Dogs love ’em! Here’s the recipe for Stinky Fish Treats for dogs.
More fun homemade Halloween dog treat recipes:
- Tricky Treats For Dogs
- Pumpkin Pie Dog Biscuits
- Cranberry Pumpkin Dog Treats
- Halloween Sweet Potato Flour Dog Biscuits
- Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- Halloween Peanut Butter Dog Cookies
- Natural Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- Pumpkin Pie Drops For Dogs
- Blueberry Quinoa Dog Treats
- Dog-Friendly Recipes From Rachel Ray
- Peanut Butter Carob Poo Piles
Where To Buy Halloween Dog Treats
These classy dog treats would be an extra special reward for your own dog and the dogs that you might cross paths with in the days surrounding Halloween.
Here are some ideas:
- Healthy Hound Bakery Halloween Dog Treats
- Pumpkin, Popcorn, and Peanut Butter For The Dogs
- Muddy Puppys Organic Dog Treats
- Pumpkin & Peanut Butter Halloween Dog Treats
- Bow Wow Halloween Gift Baskets
Fun Ways To Give Dogs Halloween Treats
- Give the dog biscuit directly to the dog owner to give to their dog now. This is the easiest option, since no extra planning is needed.
- Wrap a dog biscuit in a small Halloween decorated bag and hand it to the dog owner to give to the dog later. If you made the dog treats yourself, consider including the actual recipe. You’ll make the dog owner’s day!
- Place a Halloween dog treat in a see-thru snack-size baggie. That way, it’s obvious to the dog owner (and the children) that this treat is intended for dogs. With the right markers or paints, you could make small Halloween decorations right on the plastic baggie for a simple, fun touch.
By the way, does your dog always bark at the doorbell? Halloween is a great time for dog doorbell training!
I like to help Dog Parents find unique ways to do things that will save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” Dog Tips and Dog Hacks that most wouldn’t think of. I’m a lifelong dog owner — currently have 2 mixed breed Golden Aussies that we found abandoned on the side of the road as puppies. I’ve always trained my own dogs and help friends train theirs, as well. Professionally, I worked at a vet and have several friends who are veterinarians — whom I consult with regularly. (And just because I love animals so much, I also worked at a Zoo for awhile!) I’ve been sharing my best ideas with others by blogging full-time since 1998 (the same year that Google started… and before the days of Facebook and YouTube). My daily motivation is to help first-time dog owners be better prepared from the first day your new puppy enters your home. I like to help dog owners understand what’s ‘normal’ and what you can expect in terms of living with and training your dog — how to get through the ups & downs of potty training, chewing, teaching commands, getting your dog to listen, and everything else that takes place during that hectic first year! When I’m not training, walking, grooming, or making homemade treats for my dogs, you will find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites). To date, I’ve written over 600 articles for dog owners on this site! Many of them have upwards of 200K shares.