How will your dog be spending Thanksgiving this year?
Most dogs find themselves smack dab in the middle of the holiday festivities. And many will be on the prowl for Turkey treats and dropped food particles!
But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t include your pet in your Thanksgiving activities.
Dog Thanksgiving Food Tips
Here are some fun ideas & safety tips to keep in mind as far as dog Thanksgiving food is concerned:
- Dogs can have cooked turkey.
- Dogs can have small amounts of turkey skin.
- Dogs can have turkey broth and things soaked in turkey broth (like their own dog bones, rice, plain potatoes, or their own dog food)
- Dogs cannot have turkey bones (…just like chicken bones, they are dangerous to dogs).
- Ingesting too much turkey skin can lead to gastric distress and Pancreatitis (a serious inflammatory condition of the pancreas).
- Stay away from all the trimmings, which will inevitably lead to an upset stomach and diarrhea.
Thanksgiving Recipes For Dogs
- Turkey Dinner Loaf and Dog Turkey Loaf
- Share This Thanksgiving Dinner With Your Dog
- Homemade Dog Turkey Treats
- Turkey Pupcakes For Dogs
- Wheat-Free Turkey Dog Treats
- The-Day-After Turkey Omelet For Dogs
- Turkey Gobblers: Homemade Thanksgiving Dog Treats
- A Feast Fit For Fido: Thanksgiving Dog Recipes
- Thanksgiving Dinner For Dogs
More Dog Thanksgiving Tips
- Thanksgiving Leftovers You Can Feed Your Dog
- Stuff The Turkey, Not Your Dog
- 10 Things For Dog Lovers To Give Thanks For This Season