WARNING: Dogs + Coins = Danger! What To Do If Your Dog Swallows A Penny

by Lynnette

Pet Warnings And Dangers

This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy thru these links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.


As part of puppy-proofing your house, make sure you never leave loose change lying around… especially pennies!

Why?

Because pennies have zinc in them and zinc is fatal to dogs.

dog-penny-coin

 

As seen in the following video, the secret to a dog’s survival after swallowing one or more pennies is early removal!

Fortunately, this puppy vomited up 7 of the 130 pennies he had swallowed. That’s when the dog’s owners took immediate action and got him to a vet where the pennies were surgically removed.

Don’t let this happen to your dog…

Please be diligent about keeping all forms of loose change out of your dog’s reach!