After all, variety is the spice of life, right?
Fortunately, there are lots of human foods that you can safely feed your dog — in addition to his normal dog food.
Unfortunately, many of those human foods aren’t technically considered healthy food for dogs.
View the ultimate list ofhuman foods that are safe for dogs. (It also includes a list of human foods that arenotsafe for dogs.)
For the healthiest human foods that are safe for dogs to eat, check out these lists:
- 10 Ways To Liven Up Your Dog’s Meals+10 MORE Ways(Don’t miss the “pup prep” tips)
- Healthy Human Foods For Dogs: Holiday Edition (Great tips for holiday dog treats)
- Some Interesting Human Foods That Dogs Love (Yep, sunflower seeds!)
- Table Foods That Dogs Can Eat(Similar ideas here)
- Healthy Human Foods That Are Safe For Dogs(Flaxseeds and rosemary are interesting!)
- 10 People Foods For Dogs That Are Healthy(All in moderation though)
So, if you’re looking for healthy food for dogs, the human foods listed above will definitely be great additions to your dog’s own regular food.
Personally, these are my dog’s favorites from the ones that were mentioned:
- Carrots – my dogs like to munch on raw carrots as a snack… and there’s no mess!
- Pumpkin – freshly mashed or from a can, but not pumpkin pie filling
- Turnip Greens – yep, dogs need their greens too!
Which healthy human foods are your dog’s favorites?…
In this video, Martha Stewart and veterinarian Dr. Marty Goldstein talk about some of the human foods that can benefit your dog’s health: