Take a look over at your favorite furry friend and tell me what you see?
Yeah… they’re getting pretty nappy, aren’t they?
Well lucky for you, we’re giving away a FREE dog grooming package, courtesy of PetSmart.
Why are we giving away this great dog grooming package? Because PetSmart does a terrific job at pampering pets, and they’re looking for one special dog that needs some extra pampering and grooming…
If you’re the lucky winner of this PetSmart dog grooming package, your dog is gonna love the fur they’re in!
Can you imagine going days, weeks, or even months without taking a shower, brushing your teeth, or clipping your nails?
Of course not! How nasty would that be?
Unfortunately, that’s the case for thousands of dogs every year. Not only is that just plain gross, it’s also dangerous. Proper grooming is essential for dogs to stay healthy, yet only about half of dog owners realize that, according to a recent PetSmart survey.
How To Win This Dog Grooming Package
Lots of pet parents like myself do our best to stay on top of grooming our dogs at home, but sometimes that can be easier said than done.
This PetSmart grooming package will be a nice change of pace for both you and your dog!
To enter the contest:
- Leave a comment on this post with your favorite gizmo, tip, or trick that makes grooming your dog a little bit easier
- Post a picture of your dog getting groomed (whether it be by you or a professional) on the Fun Dogs Facebook page
- Must be 18+ to enter
- Winner will be chosen randomly using random.org
- Mindless and incoherent comments will NOT be counted as valid entries
- In the event that you win, you must respond within 48 hours of being notified of your victory or another winner will be chosen
This contest will run from Tuesday, August 25, 2009 through Monday, August 31, 2009 at 11:59pm CST.
Dog Grooming Tips
To see what a full-service PetSmart grooming event looks like and to get some helpful tips if you’re grooming your dog yourself, check this video out:
The Furminator is the best pet brush to own if your dog is one that has a shedding undercoat (like my 2 black lab mixes, sheesh!). Check out the Furminator treatment you can get at PetSmart:
Linda Erickson, PetSmart’s grooming expert offers these tips to help keep your dog clean and healthy in between groomer visits:
- Dogs should be brushed before bathing and washed only with shampoos specially designed for dogs. (Human shampoos have a pH level that can be harmful to pets.)
- Dogs with long, flowing hair should be brushed daily.
- Dogs with short hair and heavy undercoats benefit from a brushing 3 to 5 times a week.
- While combing and brushing your dog, check areas for unusual problems such as hair loss, inflammation, unusual tenderness, or lumps under the skin.
- When brushing your dog’s teeth, make sure to use a toothbrush and toothpaste specially designed for pets.
Happy commenting! I can’t wait to hear some of your grooming tips & tricks below and see some dog grooming in action when you post photos on the Fun Dogs Facebook page. Good luck!
UPDATE: Congratulations to Melissa in Baltimore (and her dog Zeus) for winning the contest! Melissa’s comment that entered her to win was:
“My long-haired Golden Retriever would be impossible to comb if I didn’t keep on top of the situation with daily comb-outs. I started doing this when he was a pup, and now I just show him the comb and he flops down on the floor! Thanks.”
Yo. I’m Jeffrey. I think every little step is an awesome one when it comes to living green… but eco-snobbery sucks.