Answer: All 3 dog breeds are in the top 25 of the AKC’s dog registration statistics.
There is one dog breed that has been number 1 all 4 years that are charted. Can you guess which breed it is?
See where your dog ranks. (Data is shown from 1999 to the present.)
Top Dog Breeds
The dog breeds are ranked from 1 to 164 based on how many are registered.
My dogs are Miniature Pinschers.
- Ten years ago, they ranked 17th in popularity. But since then their ranking has slowly gone down.
- Last year, Min Pins ranked 33rd.
There are 6 breeds that were recognized by the AKC for the first time last year:
- Redbone Coonhound – ranked 41st
- Bluetick Coonhound – ranked 44th
- Irish Red & White Setters – ranked 80th
- Boykin Spaniels – ranked 92nd
- Norwegian Elkhounds – ranked 104th
- Pyrehean Shepherds – ranked 107th
As you can see, the highest the new recognized breeds ranked was 41st out of 164 of the most popular dog breeds.
More About Popular Dog Breeds
- Top 10 Popular Dog Breeds
- Dog Breeds That Have Black Spots On Their Tongues
- Most Intelligent Dog Breeds
- List Of Hybrid Dog Breeds & Their Unusual Names
- New Dog Breed Names For Mixed Breed Dogs
- Easy To Train Dog Breeds
- Best Dog Breeds For Apartment Living
I have 2 Miniature Pinschers. My husband and I consider them our 4-legged kids.