WARNING: Dogs + Coins = Danger! What To Do If Your Dog Swallows A Penny

As part of puppy-proofing your house, make sure you never leave loose change lying around… especially pennies!


Because pennies have zinc in them and zinc is fatal to dogs.

As seen in the following video, the secret to a dog’s survival after swallowing one or more pennies is early removal!

Fortunately, this puppy vomited up 7 of the 130 pennies he had swallowed. That’s when the dog’s owners took immediate action and got him to a vet where the pennies were surgically removed.

Don’t let this happen to your dog…

Please be diligent about keeping all forms of loose change out of your dog’s reach!

About Lynnette

I like to help people find unique ways to do things in order to save time & money — so I write about “outside the box” ideas that most wouldn’t think of. As a lifelong dog owner, I often share my best tips for living with and training dogs. I worked in Higher Ed over 10 years before switching gears to pursue activities that I’m truly passionate about. I’ve worked at a vet, in a photo lab, and at a zoo — to name a few. I enjoy the outdoors via bicycle, motorcycle, Jeep, or RV. You can always find me at the corner of Good News & Fun Times as publisher of The Fun Times Guide (32 fun & helpful websites).

Loading ...
Disqus Comments Loading...