Who wouldn’t enjoy cruising around on a beautiful sunny day with the windows down and your best four-legged friend(s) in the back seat?
You’re right, everyone would enjoy that…
…until your beloved pet falls out of the window while your car is in motion…
…and you realize it was all because you failed to secure them properly.
Wow, that leisurely drive just turned into a nightmare, didn’t it?
Well we want to help that NOT to happen to you (because it happened to one of us!). That’s why we’re giving away 2 products to help keep your dogs safe and comfortable while riding in the car.
In case you missed it, check out Lynnette’s horrifying story about the time her dog fell out of the car window while it was in motion. AND it did so against all odds.
Her story also ran in the New York Times.
Needless to say, Lynnette became a huge advocate for dog car safety after that!
What Are We Giving Away to Help Keep Your Dog Safe?
Prize #1: PetBuckle Quik-Connect Tether
Prize #2: Comfort Cruiser Doggie Chin Rest
The Quik-Connect Tether is quite amazing indeed, so look no further for your dog car safety restraint needs. Some of its features include:
- Regular size — adjusts from 12″ to 18″giving your dog just enough room to move freely
- Attaches to your dog’s own harness or dog collar
- Maximum safety – outperformed leading pet vehicle tethers in strength and quality testing
- easy to use – push and click to connect. Simple push-button release. Adjustable strap allows more freedom to move
- Fits all vehicles – attaches to any vehicle latch bar, seat belt, or cargo tie-down point
- It’s made by the leaders in child & infant safety restraints
- Prevents dogs from distracting the driver
- Protects passengers from your dog becoming a dangerous projectile during an accident
- Reduces injuries to pets
- Crash tested, quality approved, secure with confidence
The Comfort Cruiser actually helps keep your dog both safe and comfortable:
- The auto window bumper protects your pet’s neck and chin while looking out the car window
- Easy to install and remove (no adhesives necessary)
- Securely fits all auto windows
- Cleans easy with soap and water
- Complete pet safety when used with a pet auto restraint
- It’s a window bumper that keeps your dog comfortable while cruisin!
- Made in the USA
Unlike Lynnette, I’m not a very responsible dog chauffeur since I usually leave my 2 black lab mixes in the back seat unrestrained. I can see the value in (and will be purchasing) both of these products!
Every now and then, one of my dogs will lose their footing or I’ll have to turn suddenly and the result is their chin or neck hitting the top of the window. Well, the Comfort Cruiser will help keep them safe!
While I’ve not personally had one of my dogs fall out of my car while it’s moving, I have (on one occasion) had them jump out onto a busy road when I thought the windows were up beyond where they could escape.
I was wrong.
So How Do You Win These Prizes?
To enter to win ONE of these prizes, simply answer this question in the comments below:
“Where is your dog’s favorite place to go and do they willingly jump into your vehicle to go there?”
To enter to win the other of the 2 prizes, simply become a fan of The Fun Times Guide to Dogs on Facebook. Participants who enter by this method will get to choose which of the 2 prizes they’d like to receive, with the other going to the winner drawn from the comments below.
This contest will run from Thursday, July 23, 2009 to Thursday July 30, 2009 at 11:59pm CST.
DOUBLE Your Chances to Win!
(1) Become a fan on Facebook (or let us know that you already are one)
(2) Answer the above question in the comment section below this post
…then you are eligible to win BOTH prizes! Woo hoo for you!
- Must be 18+ and a U.S. citizen to enter
- Winner will be chosen randomly from random.org
- Mindless and incoherent comments will NOT be counted as valid entries
- In the event that you win (and we hope you do) you must respond within 48 hours of being notified of your victory or another winner will be chosen
Be sure to check out 10 Must-Have Items That Simplify Dog Walks and Car Rides for more information on keeping your dog safe and comfortable while adventuring out and about.
Thanks to Bark Buckle UP for sponsoring this contest and graciously providing the PetBuckle Quik-Connect Tether!
Good luck on the contest and happy [safe] doggie travels!
**UPDATE: Congratulations to Reba for winning both prizes!**
Yo. I’m Jeffrey. I think every little step is an awesome one when it comes to living green… but eco-snobbery sucks.