This page may contain affiliate links. In addition to sharing our personal experiences, we often write about products and services that we use ourselves or that we believe would be a helpful resource for you. To support our work, and remain a free website, we receive a commission from some of the links we share.
According to Veterinary Pet Insurance, last year more than 200 of their policyholders found themselves in the vet’s office due to an accidental injury to their dog or their dog ate something they should not have eaten.
The top 5 reasons dogs visited a vet on Christmas Day last year were:
- Gastritis / Enteritis
- Lacerations or bite wounds
- Soft tissue trauma
- Foreign body ingestion
- Chocolate poisoning
You can avoid having to make a trip to the vet on Christmas Day by keeping your dog away from the holiday decorations and by not allowing your dog to eat any food intended for people.
Remember, your dog is curious by nature and can get into trouble at any time! There are a few holiday safety precautions you can take to ensure that both you and your dog have a safe and merry Christmas.
I have 2 Miniature Pinschers. My husband and I consider them our 4-legged kids.