This page may contain affiliate links. In addition to sharing our personal experiences, we often write about products and services that we use ourselves or that we believe would be a helpful resource for you. To support our work, and remain a free website, we receive a commission from some of the links we share.
Will you be getting a dog soon?
When you begin your search for a new dog or puppy, there are lots of different places worth considering.
The following video provides some basic tips when looking for a new dog:
- Adoption. This is a great option. Some rescue dogs require more time and attention than others. If you have never had any experience with a pet at all adopting a dog who’s had a former home may be a little overwhelming — especially if it’s an older dog.
- Pet store. When buying from a pet store, be sure to do your homework first! Research the store. Research the breed of dog that you are looking at. You can never be too cautious when getting a dog from a pet store, as many stores sell dogs from puppy mills.
- Dog breeder. It’s also important to research the breeder thoroughly and the breed of dogs they raise. Are the dogs healthy? Is the breeder accredited with the AKC?
These additional tips should help you in your search for a new dog as well:
- How To Find A Good Dog Breeder
- Adopting From A Dog Breeder vs A Shelter
- How To Ask All The Right Questions Before Bringing Your Dog Home
I have 2 Miniature Pinschers. My husband and I consider them our 4-legged kids.