The folks at the Dog Hause came up with a list of 15 interesting facts about dogs.
I’ve chosen my favorites to share with you here…
Top 10 Facts About Dogs
1. If you give your dog a fancy name, it’s not for your dog but for your pride. You’ll end up using a nickname.
2. Owning 2 dogs is no more work than owning one, but 3 dogs is hard work.
3. Pay no more than half of the retail price for a used kennel.
4. Figure on 1 pound of dry dog food for every 30 pounds of dogs.
5. In a suburb of medium density, a dog’s bark can be heard in 200 surrounding houses — or by 800 people.
6. Anything over 45 minutes seems like forever to your dog. You will be greeted as enthusiastically coming back from a 2-hour shopping trip as you will coming back from a 2-day vacation.
7. A stray dog that is afraid of people will trust the people associated with the dogs it plays with.
8. The old rule — multiplying a dog’s age by 7 to find the equivalent human age — is fallacious. A dog is able to reproduce at 1 year and has reached full growth by 2 years. To calculate a dog’s age in human terms, count the first year at 15, the second year as 10, and each year after that as 5.
9. If a dog tolerates gentle handling between its toes, it probably is well suited for children.
10. The best time for taking a puppy from its litter — psychologically and physically — is when it is 49 days old.
View the complete list from Dog Hause here.